This recipe is famous in thanjavur district. Some people do it in milk also. But, we can keep it for only 3 -5 days. But this dish we can kept it for 15 -20 days. It is well tasty and yummy also. I like more. This recipe compulsory prepared for marriages only. They will not do for festivals.
1. Roast the moongdal till it becomes brown. Cut the coconut into pieces.2. Grind the coconut , cardamom and moongdal into fine paste.
3. In a broad, thick bottomed vessel add the coconut paste and pour water till it be like a idli batter.
4. The paste must be in the gas stove for 20 minutes for boiling.
5. Add the jaggery and wait for melting it.
6. Add the ghee little by little and fried cashwenut.
7. Wait till water absorbed and become a thick paste.
8. Decorate it with cashwes.