Friday, November 23, 2007

Toor Dhal Rice

This is my entry for JFI-toor dal.This is my son's favourite dish.

Ingredients
Rice-1cup
Toordal-1/2cup
Smallonion-5 table spoon
ChoppedGarlic-2 table spoon
Pepper-1 teaspoon
Jeera- 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chillies-5 no's
Curry leaves-5 no's
Oil-1 table spoon
Ghee- 2 teaspoon

Method
1.In a cooker put the oil and temper the jeera, pepper, red chillies and add the onion, garlic.
2. Fry it for few minutes and pour the water for 1:4 and after boiling add the dal and rice.
3. Mix it and put the salt.
4. After 4 whistles open and pour the ghee and garnish it with leaves.
5. Serve it with potato fry and appalam.

Timing: 30 min
Serve:3

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Suthi, I think somehow I missed seeing this before. The toor dal rice sounds yummy -- I saw your recipe for potato fry (I love all that garlic!) and would like to see your recipe for appalam too! :)

Thanks for sending all these recipes to JFI Toor Dal :)

suthi said...

thank you linda