Friday, August 3, 2007

Pudina Rice

It‘s my favourie dish. My husband like it. Its my first dish of trial cooking. Its very easy one. When I worked, my madam will bring this item. Her mother will do very nicely. From her I learn this. Side dish potoato curry, appalam or onion raita.

Ingredients
Rice -2 cup
Onion chopped – 1/2 cup
Ghee -1 table spoon
Salt as per taste

For Paste
Pudina – small bunch
Coriander leaves –little
Green chillies -2-3 nos
Tamarind – pinch

For Tempering

Mustard seeds-1/2 teaspoon
Jeera-1/2 teaspoon
Oil- 1teaspoon


Method

1. Make paste the items. In the pressure cooker heat the oil and add mustard seeds,
jeera,onion fry it. Add the paste and wait for removing the greenish smell.
2. Pour water for 1: 2 ratio and put salt for taste.
3. After 4 whistles off the burner. After 15 minutes remove the lid and pour the ghee for
a pleasant smell .Serve it .


Timing: 10 min
Serves : 3

No comments: